So, Google Reader is dead and you have your OPML file ready to go. Below are all the features for the hands down, best in class reader app this side of the Mississippi. Easily the greatest return on a $4.99 investment we’ve ever spent on an app.
Feeddler is the most popular RSS reader for iPhone and iPad and has been picked as a top iPad app:
* “New and Noteworthy” and “What’s Hot” – featured by Apple
* “Cleanest and most user-friendly interface” – iPhone Life Magazine
* “Essential iPad Apps” – Gizmodo
* “10 Must Have iPad Apps” – Cool Tricks N Tips
* “Top 10 iPad Free Apps” – TFTS
* … and many more
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable Google Reader client that stays perfect sync with Google and presents RSS stories in an easy-to-read interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
* Syncs with Google Reader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with Bazqux Reader (optional account, 30-day free trial).
* Syncs with FeedHQ (optional account, , 30-day free trial, will support self-hosting).
* Syncs with The Old Reader (optional account, free).
* Supports Retina display.
* Supports multiple accounts.
* Supports feed management – add/delete/rename/sort subscriptions and folders.
* Caches RSS articles for offline reading
* Shows true unread counts over 1000.
* Able to set up each subscription to open articles directly in RSS, full text mode, or web (online only).
* Able to star/unstar, like/unlike, share/unshare, mark unread any RSS story, even when offline (will sync when launching Feeddler with internet connection).
* Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription or mark only loaded items as read.
* Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
* Supports RSS article tagging, notes and comments.
* Swipe to navigate RSS stories.
* Pinch RSS articles to change font size.
* Save/Share/Zoom images by tapping images with two fingers.
* Copy-and-Paste titles, links, or full articles.
* Facebook sharing.
* Twitter sharing with optional Bit.ly personal account.
* E-mail sharing with optional default recipients.
* Full text mode using Instapaper Mobilizer.
* Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and a night mode.
More features in the Pro version:
+ Sync all subscriptions, or sync subscriptions in a folder.
+ Sync options: sync all feeds or unread items only, sync from last sync, days or weeks. For faster syncing, use “Unread only” + “FromLastSync.”
+ Caches images for offline reading.
+ Supports keyword search to find and add feeds.
+ Able to mark items as read based on date.
+ Able to mark items as read or star/unstar by tapping either side of a headline on the list.
+ Able to automatically mark items as read while scrolling headlines.
+ Supports Evernote to save any RSS articles, web pages, images, and PDF (without leaving the app).
+ Supports Readability, Instapaper, Pocket (Read It Later), Tumblr, Delicious and Pinboard (online and offline).
+ No ads
If you like Feeddler, please consider writing positive reviews on the App Store. We keep adding features, fixing bugs, and improving app performance. Please send us feedback at email@example.com. Thanks for your support. Follow us on Twitter @feeddler.
Thanks David Todd for the splash image and logo design. http://lynx.uk.com.
What’s New in Version 2.0
* Feeddler is ready to support more RSS syncing services:
– Bazqux Reader (bazqux.com, 30-day free trial).
– FeedHQ (feedhq.org, 30-day free trial).
– The Old Reader (theoldreader.com, free).
* More and improved sharing:
– Share with Facebook (page, group, etc)
– Share with Sina Weibo
– Share by SMS, Airprint
* Performance and other detail improvement throughout the app
Highly rated and fully customizable, the author C.B. Liu reads his users emails and posts and is constantly upgrading the feature set during these stressful times. We’ve used this app for two years and it’s one of our two favorite iOS apps, Tweetbot being the other. Buy it, use it, love it.