KB2544035 From Microsoft:
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Security Essentials on July 26, 2011, which offers performance enhancements and some new functionality within the program. The update includes:
- New features were added to the command line utility that include:
- Ability to specify a UNC share.
- Ability to perform a custom scan of an entire folder in addition to individual files.
- A performance improvement was made to the definition update process to correct an issue on computers with exceedingly large number of files.
- A fix was made to correct an access violation in the antimalware service.
- Juts run Windows Update to download.
Do you want to know how to customize more advanced settings for your Windows themes? Stuff like the size of the scrollbar, the background of application windows, the font used by the operating system, etc. Check out this thorough tutorial.
The Geeky Way of Personalizing Windows Themes
If you’re a fan of a good infographic now and then, consider this free app from Column Five Media. The app is missing a good search feature (for now) but we’re hoping this new release will add enhancements in future updates.
Believe it or not, some people do use Internet Explorer 9. Even some of our readers. For them, we found the most complete guide to pinning websites to the taskbar. Check it out!
The Complete Guide to Pinning Websites with Internet Explorer
Now this is geeky: post tweets from Google Talk. With automatic URL shortening.
Phantom growth in China. We’ve heard of these stories and the fallout will have a global impact.
via 20Something Finance